The in-game Codex entries are a novel and interesting way to gain a fair amount of experience for a character, as well as to learn a great deal more about the worlds, people, creatures and places in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Beginning this week, DarthHater will be offering a deeper, planet-by-planet look into the Codex series to provide current guides for unlocking each of the codices within SWTOR. We begin on Tython, the most recent Jedi homeworld and a planet with a rich and rather complicated history as it pertains to the Force. Next time we’ll take a closer look at Korriban, home of the Sith Empire and a trove of many entries concerning the darker aspects of the Force. Read on after the jump for a complete walkthrough.
- Uxibeast - This unlocks simply by passing one of the green (friendly) Uxibeasts just outside the speeder point in the Gnarls. Exact coordinates are around: (-96, -925).
- The Gnarls – This is the first location entry you unlock, as your speeder lands and you step off of the stairs. Location is around (-144, -1009).
- Rediscovering Tython – You’ll find this plaque up at the base of an old statue in the Gnarls at (115, -857). Climb the stairs and click on the blue sign at the statue’s feet.
- Flesh Raiders – This Codex requires completion of the quest, “Early Lessons” (Jedi classes only). Location is around (201, -1152).
- Jedi Temple – You discover this Codex when going up the stairs and entering the actual Jedi Temple itself for the first time, around (-300, -437).
- Rebuilding the Jedi Order – This comes from exploring some of the side rooms in the Jedi Temple. In one of them, the auditorium on the west side, there will be a clickable blue chair, coordinates (-427, -508).
- Jedi Council – This entry comes from examining the sign outside of the Jedi Council room, on the second floor of the Jedi Temple at (-420, -435).
Persons of Note:
- Orgus Din (Knight only) - Obtained during the associated class story quest line
- Satele Shan (Knight only) - Obtained during the associated class story quest line
- Syo Bakarn (Consular only) - Obtained during the associated class story quest line
- Yuon Par (Consular only) - Obtained during the associated class story quest line
- Manka Cat – The Manka Cat entry is unlocked one of two ways. For Jedi classes on Tython, you will receive this entry upon completing the quest, “Pilgrim Medicine”, unlocked by clicking a blue backpack outside of the village in the Tythos Ridge area. Alternatively for non-Jedi classes, you can also unlock Manka Cat on Alderaan by killing a Protective Manka Cat, coordinates (-784, 1438).
- Twi’lek Pilgrims – Another Jedi class only entry, obtained by completing the quest, “The Thousand Steps”, at (349, -503).
- Twi’lek – This is unlocked by entering one of the small houses in Kalikori Village and clicking on the plaque inside – coordinates are (126, -345).
Ruins of Kaleth
- Galactic History 09: The Force Wars - Datacron 9 is found on the far side of a cave. Enter the cave at (-26, 34) and head through the Manka Cats until you reach the other side. Datacron is at (-33, -102).
- Galactic History 10: The Tion Cluster - For Datacron 10, you need to head up a hill around (-604, 59), then across a fallen column and up another hill. The Datacron is at ( -648, -72), at the foot of a statue.
- Keeper of Truth - This is a Jedi-class only title, unlocked by completing the [Heroic 2] quest, “Chamber of Secrets”.
- Tythonian War Droid - Obtained by killing any of the droids around (-442, 254).
- Guid - Unlocked by killing a Greater Guid around coordinates ( -379, -225).
- Horranth - Unlocked from killing a Horranth Matriarch, found around (-18,138).
- Ruins of Kaleth - Unlocked near coordinates (-368, -21).
- The Chamber of Speech - Unlocked near coordinates (-1005, 120).
- Zabrak – This species is unlocked by completing the quest, “Chamber of Speech” and turning it in to the Zabrak Do Zonn.
- Galactic History 11: The Tionese Face the Hutt Empire – Datacron 11 is located at ( -93, 922), but requires a bit of traveling to obtain. Climb up the hill around (-170, 802)” and then hop across the buildings towards the Datacron.
- The Forge – Unlocked near (-235, 1558).
- Jedi Weapons – Another Jedi-class only Codex entry, unlocked by completing the respective quest for the Knight or Consular and crafting your first lightsaber, around (15, 1569).
Persons of Note:
- Qyzen Fess (Consular only) - Obtained during the associated class story quest line
- T7-01 (Knight only) - Obtained during the associated class story quest line
Bugged / Undocumented
- Terentatek (rumors of a Stalking Terantatek, but no confirmed sightings or Codex entries)
- Wingmaw (This is actually obtained on Balmorra for both factions)
If anyone has figured out how to unlock these, please post in the comments detailing how you did so! DarthHater will be sure to update the guide as soon as the information becomes available. Otherwise, they’ll hopefully be removed from the Codex requirements for Tython by BioWare, or fixed so that they can be finally unlocked.