Ord Mantell is a planet rife with suffering. A civil war, precipitated by the planet’s corrupt government, has raged for over five years. Refugees are common place, Imperial spies lurk in the shadows — and to top it all off, rebel Separatists fight from a volcano stronghold. Now in fairness, that last part sounds pretty cool (volcano stronghold!), but the rest is bleak as Ord Mantell’s grey skies.
It should come as no surprise that this war-ravaged world has attracted a number of soldiers and smugglers. For Troopers, Ord Mantell recalls the best parts of movies like Apocalypse Now or Full Metal Jacket, where everyone’s shooting at you and the good guys are just as bad as the bad guys. As a Smuggler, well – if there is one truth to war, it’s that there is always good money to be made running smuggled goods in and out of a warzone. With this bit of background on the planet, let’s delve straight into its codices!
- Drelliad Village – Found beginning the planet’s quests around (56, -431).
- Fort Garnik – Unlocked when first entering Fort Garnik around (136, -120).
- Refugees of War – Examine the sign next to the Cathar Yael at (241, -51).
- Republic Military Ranks – There is a large banner with the Republic symbol at (127, 10). Examining it will unlock the codex entry.
- Havoc Squad (Trooper only) – Obtained by completing the quest “Hit the Ground Running” as part of your class storyline.
- Republic Special Forces (Trooper only) – Earned from turning in the storyline quest “The Spy.”
- Separatist Movement – Complete the quest “Unsafe Safe Houses” and turn in to Officer Sulan at (329, 84).
Persons of Note:
- Skavak (Smuggler only) – The entry for the most hated man in the galaxy’s is unlocked with the class quest “Landing Party.”
- Rogun the Butcher (Smuggler only) – This is obtained when completing the Smuggler class quest, “Desperate Times.”
- Commander Harron Tavus (Trooper only) – You will acquire the codex entry for Commander Tavus upon completing the Trooper class quest, “The Ambush.”
- Corso Riggs (Smuggler only) – Unlocked when you get Corso as a companion, roughly midway through the Smuggler class’ storyline on Ord Mantell.
- Aric Jorgan (Trooper only) – You’ll discover Aric’s entry upon earning him as a companion, at the very end of the Trooper class’ storyline.
- Rodian – There is a sign by Wentell Pron, the Smuggler trainer, at (100, -56). Click on it to learn all about Greedo’s race, the Rodians.
- Cathar – This species codex is obtained by picking up the quest “Mercy” from Yael the Cathar at (242, -43). The quest chain begins with Sergeant Hurd inside Fort Garnik.
- Kel Dor and Mon Calamari are bugged, but presumably should appear as part of the end of the Smuggler class’ storyline. These entries are currently not unlockable.
- Gapillian Grazer – Kill the large Greater Gapillian Grazer outside the Separatist’s datalink hub at (610, -511).
- Talloran Village – Unlocked upon entering the area, around (457, -90).
- Smuggling 101 (Smuggler only) – Unlocked when working on the storyline quest “Hungry for Information” by finding Reki’s safe house in Talloran Village at (369, -124).
- Galactic History 14: The Fall of Tion – Found by heading around the back of the Mannett Point peninsula and killing the elite enemy guarding hostages at (776, 139).
- Razoronn – Kill any of the roaming Shallow Bay Razoronn around (649, 185) en route to the datacron above.
- Mannett Point – Unlocked when first crossing the water towards Mannett Point around (572, 345).
- Split by Rebellion – This codex entry is unlocked through the quest “Victims of War,” when talking to Doctor Jaen Kett. The quest is originally picked up by speaking to Lieutenant Xorem.
- Oradam Village – Unlocked when first entering the area, around (-229, 21).
- Ruled by Corruption – This is obtained when completing the quest “Republic Roulette.” The quest itself begins with Corporal Dregg around (-278, -278) on the way to Oradam Village. The quest is then turned in to Ethics Officer Drage, in Fort Garnik. Note: you MUST choose the Light Side option in order to unlock the codex entry!
- Underworld Influences – This is obtained through completing the [Heroic 2] quest “Buying Loyalty.” You pick it up from and turn it in to Gizmel Gam, at (-321, -466). Note: in order to get the codex entry, you MUST choose the option to have the droid destroy the spice on Savrip Island; any other option will not unlock the entry. However, since this is a Daily quest, you can always repeat it if you choose a different option the first time. The unlocking choice is also the one that awards Light Side points.
- Galactic History 12: The Birth of the Republic – This datacron is found on the top of one of the hills towards the beginning of Savrip Island by a small volcano. The easiest way to access the datacron is to jump on the rocks due south of the wrecked freighter from the above Heroic, “Buying Loyalty.” Coordinates are (-660, -561).
- Mantellian – This title is unlocked by completing the [Heroic 2] quest “Destroy the Beacons,” obtained from Travi Pott at (-422, 22).
- Savrip – Obtained by killing the Savrip Champion, located at (-657, -524).
- Savrip Island – Unlocked when first traveling to Savrip Island from Oradam Village.
- Galactic History 13: The First Great Schism – This datacron is found near the island’s major volcano, before going up the path towards the Separatist Stronghold. Follow the base of the volcano down and around, and the datacron will be on your left around (-971, 201).
- Separatist Stronghold – Unlocked upon discovering the volcano lair of the Separatists, around (-813, 49).
Imperial Listening Post
- Imperial Listening Post (Knight only) – Unique for Ord Mantell, this is associated with a Jedi Knight storyline quest. It is unlocked around (-181, -877).
Kel Dor and Mon Calamari are both missing from the game at the present time.