Game Update 1.5 for Star Wars: The Old Republic continues to expand on the Dread Masters story line. Included in the update is a new hub for daily missions. Located on the planet Belsavis, the area known as Section X is seeing unusual activity as it has drawn the attention of the Dread Masters. The missions located there will help understand what is going on in this area as you attempt to thwart their nefarious plans.
After the jump is a detailed guide for the Imperial versions of the new Section X quests.
Section X Missions
|[WEEKLY] Section X Crisis||13,996 Credits, 6 Black Hole Commendations,
5 Daily Commendations
|[DAILY] Hyperbiology||4,305 Credits, 2 Daily Commendations|
|[DAILY] March of the Dread Guard||4,305 Credits, 1 Daily Commendation|
|[DAILY] Data Raid||4,305 Credits, 1 Daily Commendation|
|[DAILY] Targeted Misfire||4,305 Credits, 3 Daily Commendations|
|[AREA 2+] Lost Reconnaissance||8,610 Credits, 4 Daily Commendations|
|[HEROIC 4] The Aurora Cannon||10,762 Credits, 5 Daily Commendations|
|[BONUS] Prison Break||7,175 Credits|
|[BONUS] Dread Guard Elimination||7,175 Credits|
|[BONUS] Research Cancellation||12,918 Credits, 3 Daily Commendations|
|[BONUS] Cleanse The Cannon||7,175 Credits|
|Daily Totals:||71,035 Credits, 19 Daily Commendations|
|Weekly Totals:||511,241 Credits, 138 Daily Commendations,
6 Black Hole Commendations
The Section X area can be accessed via shuttle by way of the Belsavis Orbital Station or the other Daily Mission areas on Ilum and the Black Hole.
[Weekly] Section X Crisis
Like other weekly quests in daily quest areas, this one simply requires you to finish all the daily quests. The reward includes 6 Black Hole Commendations, giving players another source to earn those type of commendations on a weekly basis.
This mission includes several steps that lead the player towards trying to figure out how the Dread Masters are mutating the local wildlife into vicious creatures.
- Collect 13 Biological Samples from Mutated Beasts. The Mutated Beasts are everywhere and come in all shapes and sizes, including elite versions. The drop rate for the samples is pretty good, getting 1-3 for each pack of creatures slain.
- Once the samples are collected, the player must make their way to a science station in the area to create a serum. The science station is located in a camp that has been overrun by the creatures, so it might take some fighting to make their way to it. The samples can actually be acquired on the way towards the station.
- With the serum created, the player heads to a nearby instanced area where the Hyperbeast lives. The Hyperbeast is not aggressive at first. The player approaches the Hyperbeast and injects it with the serum.
- Once injected, the Hyperbeast gets aggressive and attacks the player. An elite with about 32k health, most players shouldn't have a hard time taking it down by themselves. Once dead, the Hyperbeast drops an item called Hyperbeast Tissue. Loot the item, and the mission is finished upon returning the the Mission Dropbox back at the base.
[DAILY] March of the Dread Guard
This mission involves rescuing Gamorrean and Trandoshan allies who have been captured by the Dread Guards. They are being held in a nearby prison sector.
- Obtain a Shackle Remote from a Dread Guard in the area. The drop rate seems to be 100% (or close to it) for this item, as several of them dropped immediately from the first pack of Dread Guards killed.
- The next step is locating the prisoners. A total of 12 prisoners and 3 prison leaders must be set free. There are fenced in holding areas scattered across the area, usually guarded by several Dread Guards. The prisoners are held within these fenced in pens. It's possible to see through the fence whether or not each one currently has prisoners. (They will despawn if another player has recently freed them.) Each holding area contains 4 prisoners and 1 prison leader. So it will require finding 3 separate holding areas and freeing all the prisoners within each to finish this quest.
- The prisoners can be freed by interacting with the Confinement Generator on the ground next to them.
- The leaders can be freed by using the previously acquired Shackle Remote while having them targeted.
- Once all the prisoners have been rescued, return to the Mission Dropbox for the reward.
[BONUS] Prison Break
Bonus quest associated with March of the Dread Guard:
- Kill 24 Dread Guard Forces.
- Reward: 7175 Credits
[DAILY] Data Raid
Mysterious energy tubes are being used to heal injured Dread Guard forces. This mission sends the player behind enemy lines to scan information about these tubes and disable them.
- Tubes are located throughout the Dread Guard base area and look similar to Kolto tanks, but glowing with energy. Dread Guards are inside the tubes. Several of the tubes are guarded by elite enemies, but several of them are guarded by normal and strong NPCs as well. Approach the tube and interact with its panel to scan and disable it. Only 4 tubes must be scanned for this phase.
- Once the 4 tubes have been scanned and disabled, their power source is revealed - two nearby Rakata Pylons. Approach the Pylons and interact with their panels to disable them. This completes the mission and the player can now return to the Mission Dropbox to claim their reward.
[BONUS] Dread Guard Elimination
Bonus quest associated with Data Raid:
- Defeat 18 Dread Guard Forces.
- Reward: 7175 Creds
[DAILY] Targeted Misfire
For this mission, the Dread Masters are not the focus. Instead, Republic forces in the area are working towards activating an ancient Rakata War Droid. The droid is protected within a shielded base, so the player must infiltrate the base and find a way to destroy the droid before the Republic can get it functioning.
- Inside the Republic base, 1 Targeting Beacon must be obtained from a Jedi Protector and 3 Air Strike Codes must be obtained from Republic Marksmen. The drop rate for these items is fairly high. It only took two Jedi kills to obtain the Beacon and 5 Marksmen kills to obtain the 3 Air Strike Codes.
- Once the items are recovered, a new instanced area becomes accessible. The Rakata War Droid is located in this area. It is shielded when the player first enters. The shield must be disabled by interacting with three separate Rakata Devices surrounding the central platform the droid resides on.
- With the shield disabled, the player can approach the inactive Rakata War Droid and place the Targeting Beacon on it.
- Once the beacon is placed, the player accesses the nearby controls and opens the roof. Once the roof is open, nearby Republic forces pick up the targeting beacon and drop a bomb onto their own Rakara War Droid. This does some damage to the droid and makes it hostile towards the player. Defeating the Rakata War Droid completes the mission and the player can return to the Mission Dropbox to receive their reward.
[BONUS] Research Cancellation
Bonus quest associated with Targeted Misfire:
- Stage 1 - Defeat 26 Republic Forces.
- Stage 2 - Destroy 3 Research Stations. These are located throughout the area.
- Stage 3 - Destroy the generator and recover research from the Jedi Field Commander. The field generator is located towards the rear of one of the main rooms within the base. Interacting with it will cause the elite Jedi Field Commander to appear. Defeat the Commander and loot the Republic Research from the corpse.
- Stage 4 - Return to Mission Dropbox.
- Reward: 12,918 Credits and 3 Daily Commendations
[AREA 2+] Lost Reconnaissance
Area quests like this one are picked up once a player enters a particular area. This one is obtained upon entering the Frozen Lake area, located west from the main base and in the northwest portion of the map. (Note - This is also the area where the first mission for the HK-51 line leads.) Although this area is considered a "Heroic" area and the quest suggests 2+ players, it should be easily soloable by most level 50 players. There are elite enemies throughout the areas, but they can be avoided for the most part. During this mission, the player attempts to recover sensitive Imperial data that was lost when a ship crashed nearby.
- The first part requires defeating 18 wild beasts and recovering 5 Imperial Flight Recorders. It appears as if every non-droid creature in this area counts as a beast for the purpose of fulfilling this requirement. The Imperial Flight Recorders are boxes located on the ground throughout the area. The Recorders are often guarded by packs of beasts, so simply going around collecting the Recorders and killing the NPCs near them should be nearly enough to fulfill both requirements.
- The second part entails recovering the contents from the Master Black Box. The box is located in the southern part of the area.
- Upon interacting with the Black Box, an elite Frenzied Bogwing Mother appears and attacks. This might be the main reason why this quest is suggested for two players, as she has about 97k health and packs a punch. Well-geared level 50s should be able to solo the creature. Defeating the Bogwing Mother, reveals Partially Digested Flight Recorder Data on her corpse. Loot it, and return to the Mission Dropbox for the reward.
[HEROIC 4] The Aurora Cannon
The Heroic mission does require a full group of four players to complete. Likely influenced by tactics solo players developed to complete missions intended for groups, BioWare has put mechanics in place to eliminate that possibility for this mission. A powerful weapon known as the Aurora Cannon has fallen into the hands of the Dread Masters. It must be disabled by placing an electromagnetic pulse bomb inside its core.
- Several elite Dread Masters can be found inside the Aurora Cannon Facility players must enter to take on this mission. The area is instanced. Crowd control is useful when several elites are expected to attack at once.
- There are mechanics in place at several points within the instance where the group must use their numbers in order to progress further. Specifically, there are force fields, security systems, and doors which have unlocking mechanisms that must be channeled by a player in order for them to open. The unlocking mechanisms exist on both sides. So one or two players will channel from the front to open the door while the other players will go through the opening. Once through to the other side, those players then channel the unlocking device from their side so the players on the initial side can come through. If nobody is channeling any of the unlocking devices, the door shuts.
- Upon reaching the end of the area, the players come upon a boss Dread Guard Legion Commander. He must be defeated before players can complete the mission. The Commander has a dangerous Force Siphon ability that should be interrupted as often as possible.
- Once the Commander is defeated, the Cannon Core is vulnerable. Well, almost. One final group check is in place that requires four players. A central control panel must be channeled by one player. This panel makes two energy towers on each side of the core available. One player must go to each side and channel these towers. As the panel and towers continue to be channeled by three players, the fourth player can go ahead and place the bomb in the core.
- Once the bomb has been placed, the mission is complete. Players can return to Mission Dropbox to claim their reward. Note that there is a teleporter at the end of the area so players can exit the area without having to go back through the entire area. This is very useful, since the doors requiring multiple players are now between the final area and the exit.
[BONUS] Cleanse the Cannon
Bonus quest associated with The Aurora Cannon:
- Defeat 35 Dread Guards Forces.
- Defeat the Dread Guard Legion Commander. This is the final boss guarding the Cannon Core. He dropped two blue items when defeated.