As 2012 comes to a close and we celebrate the one-year anniversary of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we thought it'd be interesting to take a look back at the articles Darth Hater has published over the past year and see which ones were the most popular. Browsing the articles that have had the most views of 2012 gives an interesting snapshot of how the year went for SWTOR and Darth Hater. Patch notes during major updates (and long downtimes) account for several of the top viewed articles, so those were excluded from the list. Hit the jump for the list in full.
Here are the most viewed Darth Hater articles of 2012, in reverse order.
10. HK-51 Quest Guide - The list starts off with an appearance by everyone's favorite homicidal assassin droid. Game Update 1.5 introduced the questline that allows players to obtain HK-51 as a companion. This article guides players through the process.
9. BioWare Press Q&A Reveals Free To Play Details - BioWare held a press event in early November that revealed some new details about the Free To Play model, including its launch date and the prices for Cartel Coin packages.
8. Guild Summit: Interview With Georg Zoeller - The Guild Summit event BioWare held at their studio early in the year provided an opportunity to speak with Georg Zoeller. In this interview, he speaks about the early challenges the game faced and previews some 1.2 content.
7. Legacy Gear Preview - The Legacy system was one of the major post-launch features introduced to the game. This post takes a peek at the Legacy armor that was introduced with the system.
6. Guild Summit: Game Update 1.2 Hands On Preview - Another article that came out from the popular Guild Summit event, this article sums up the hands on experience playing 1.2 for the first time and reveals several aspects of the Legacy system.
5. Game Update 1.3 Augmentation System Guide - Game update 1.3 introduced the augmentation system to the game, which allowed players to more easily customize their appearances without sacrificing stats. This article provides a complete guide as to how the system works.
4. Cartel Market Items, Unlocks, and More - The Free To Play model brought the implementation of the Cartel Market. This article takes a first look at the items available and their prices.
3. World Event: Rakghoul Pandemic Guide - The live world events were incredibly popular with players. Our guide for the Rakghoul Plague event comes in at the #3 most viewed article for 2012. Watching the plague spread among players remains one of the most memorable events of SWTOR to this point.
2. World Event: The Grand Acquisition Race Guide - And the other world event guide comes in at the #2 spot. The Grand Acquisition Race took players across the galaxy tracking down various items for a mysterious goal.
And the most viewed Darth Hater article of 2012...
1. Guild Summit: Stream Live Blog - The Guild Summit event was one of the most watched happenings around SWTOR in 2012. Three articles related to the Summit appear on this list, with the live blog covering details from the live stream being the most popular of all. The live coverage spanned several hours and really provided a unique and wonderful chance to watch BioWare interact with their fans, answer questions, and discuss the direction of the game.
Thanks to all the Darth Hater fans and visitors for making 2012 an interesting and successful year. Hate on!