Earlier today, Alex Modny finally delivered an update to everyone on the state of the game with regards to PvP. Some mentioned highlights include:
- The big focus here is on Arenas making their debut, which focus entirely on deathmatch-style gameplay, where the only objective is to defeat the enemy players first.
- The setup is 4v4 in a "best of three rounds" scenario.
- Three Arenas exist presently: Corellia, Tatooine, and an Orbital Station
- For those that wish to stalemate a match by hiding or running away, eventually a cloud of poison gas will begin to seep into the Arena once the match has gone on too long. It will slowly fill toward the middle, forcing players into combat.
- Ranked Arenas will feature both a Solo and Group queue in Game Update 2.4.
- 8v8 Ranked Warzones are going away, but may return again someday.
- Target testing date on PTS is August 16th.
- Also, a new Huttball map was teased at the end of the post, which you can see below. It appears to be Quesh, but that's just a guess.
For the full blog post, please visit this link.