Justin Lowe - Sado - @realdarthhater
Pete Trerice - Misenus - @petetrerice
Sleeper - @dhsleeper
Hint of Star Wars: The Old Republic Release Date?
Comments from the community on the story
- Gudatron said: Hopefully the hype doesnt fade for this game, If Bioware can keep us interested for another year by dangling them carrots. I dont want the most anticipated game slipping off my radar cause i get bored waiting around.
- Boza said: If I had to choose a word to describe my feelings, it would have to be deflated.
- Hives said: With so small amount of information about TOR I havent expected it to be released in 2010. I think that all that stuff we know nothing of is still in PvP, crafting, space combat etc.
- hobowan said: Will this affect Darth Haters work? I would not know why, but DH's activity seemed to be pretty strong in the last few months, so i think they planned on an earlier release. Do you plan to keep up doing weekly podcasts and what not for more than an entire year from now on?
- JediCosmin said: Not sure what to feel at the moment. First of all I'm finally happy that they announced a scheduled period for the release, but I am a bit disappointed of it being another year.However, Sean did say that they will have a lot of surprises for us, and as the year will go by, fans will get even more and more hyped until the moment of truth. I guess we should also be looking forward to the several events in which they will participate.
Fan Friday, Developer Corner, and Threat of Peace Today
Was the target release date window what you expected it to be?
- No (73%, 322 Votes)
- Yes (27%, 121 Votes)
Now that the target release date window is known, which update do you think would most bring attention back to the game?
- Testing Phase reveal (55%, 243 Votes)
- Gameplay reveal (26%, 116 Votes)
- Holonet Tab reveal (10%, 45 Votes)
- Character reveal (4%, 19 Votes)
- Timeline Video (4%, 16 Votes)
- Planet reveal (1%, 2 Votes)
Comments from the community on the polls
- Pinio said: In Making of Coruscant dev diary video, one from BW said that we can go to the highest level and watch sunset. If this wasn't metaphore that could mean BW implement day-night cycles (hard to expect that there is permanent sunset). Follow up to Hobowan's comment
- Heybarn said: I voted for 'Gameplay reveal' as I like to analyze and talk about class talents and skills, strengths and weakness plus what possible builds works best (or general talent tree choices). A testing phase start date would also really help make it kinda feel like it's all moving forward and bring back the excitement of possibly seeing the game in action and giving input.
- Remlish said: I think that not knowing the release window yet helped keep the hype juices flowing. Game Testing announcements might help a little, but since the majority of the community will not get the opportunity to participate within the next year if at all I hope Bioware has a few tricks up their sleeves.
- Pangscar said: Not really buying into the whole 'BioWare needs to do something big' to keep the hype or interest going sentiment. Throughout the development process it's natural for the interest or hype to ebb and flow. Also 99% of the hype is community generated. All BioWare has to do is keep the same pace of updates and info and when the game gets closer to launch I guarantee the hype will be at an all time high. All the naysayers and doom bringers will be back as fast as they left.
Dediere said: What planets would the Darth Hater team like to see in Star Wars: The Old Republic
Stignos said: The forum outrage about the target release date window has gotten out of hand. Bioware never talked about a release date until now and those that expected them to release it earlier than when they stated should be more disappointed in themselves rather than Bioware.
Anonymous said: Any idea on the Sith clubs (Cantinas) that were shown in the Dromund Kaas concept art.