Episode 137 - "Free to Pay" of the Darth Hater Podcast is now live. Check the bottom of the post for the stream and download links. Podcast notes after the jump.
Damion Schubert Speaks At GDC
- THE Quote (replayable content)
- Designing, lead time, incubation from story
- Brought in to bring BioWare story to SWTOR
Chris Moore at GDC
- Building a platform to scale
Game Update 1.5 Available On PTS
- Rough outline of the content in the pack
- HK-51, is his quest line long enough? Did you expect something more epic
Cartel Coin Totals and F2P Restriction Details
- Outline of restrictions
New 1.5 Items – Dread Guard Relices, Droid Armor, Campaign Armorings.
Section X Daily Missions
- Length? Reward comparison to Ilum/Belsavis/Corellia?
Inside the SWTOR Encyclopedia
- Rough overview, Tidbit at the end
Community Questions And Poll Regarding 1.5 Content
- Poll questions and results
- Thoughts from the staff on the polls
Noxul: “To me, the top priorities would be:
1) Secret Space Project
2) Progression of Character Storylines
3) More Flashpoints/areas on existing planets to explore”
Wilcofan: "There are a ton of quality of live improvements that I would still like to see:
1) Dual Spec (I know we have field respec, but I would like the ability to save two trees, and save my keybinding/placement of abilities)
2) UI Improvements including but not limited to A) sizeable and moveable buffs and debuffs B) More raid frame customization (moveable buff positions, hot indicators, dispell indicators, timers) C) Ability to change health bar and focus bar etc. to appear like raid frames D)moveable DoT and HoT timers
3) Would like some raid improvements including A) ready checks B) Calendars for raid scheduling
4) I WOULD LOVE to see an arena/dueling system similar to WoW’s 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5. I would even like to see a 1v1 type game similar to KOTOR on taris"
Chronium: “I really don’t care how they release new content. I just want them to release more content that I am interested in. Species, class story, the space revamp, and maybe more but those 3 are the most important things to me.”
Allison Berryman: “I asked Jesse Sky to tell us a little about how Nightmare Mode is going to differ from the existing Hard Mode for EC. He said that the numbers have been tuned up in every fight, and mechanics in every fight have been modified – in some cases, there are new mechanics that players will have to learn. The differences aren’t extreme, but they present new challenges in every boss encounters, and the rewards are much more appropriate for the difficulty (unlike in previous Nightmare Modes).”