After the jump, you will find instructions on where to submit feedback as well as a guide to securing your account on the new website.
The overall look and feel of the website should be very familiar. If you see anything broken or generally off, please let us know. If you have any questions or find any issue with the new site, please create a reply in this thread on the beta forum. If you are having logon issues, please create a post in this thread on our current forum.
In order to log into the new DH site and participate, you will need to have a Curse account. However, if you have an existing DH account, it will be imported to or merged with a Curse account the first time you log into the new site.
Before you begin, please verify the following information:
- You are currently logged out of both darthhater.com and curse.com (to avoid any login info hanging around in your browser data).
- If you already have a DH account, you can log in with it right now. If you have a Curse account setup that you would like to use instead, you can also use it. You can use whichever way you prefer. If you have a Curse account that matches your DH email, you can login with that normally, all of your content was merged. If you do not have a curse account, then one was made for you using your DH credentials, just login with them normally.
Here are the steps to log in:
1) Click the "Login" link in the top right corner of http://beta.darthhater.com/
2) In the "Username or Email Address" field, enter the email address associated with your current Darth Hater account.
3) In the "Password" field, enter your current Darth Hater account password.
4) Click the "Login" button.
5) If you entered the correct email address and password, you will now be logged in. If that worked, good!
6) You will now see a screen that says "Pick your new user name." If you look in the top right corner of the page, you will see the username of the account you are now logged in as. (Here's where it gets a little tricky.)
6a) If you had an existing Curse account with the same email address as your DH account's email address, that Curse account and your legacy DH account are now "linked" together. You may see an old Curse "account name" show up as the username for that account.
6b) If you did not have an existing Curse account with that email address, a Curse account will be created for you with that email address.
6c) If your DH "account name" was not already taken by another Curse user, then your Curse "account name" will be the same.
6d) If your DH "account name" was already taken by another Curse user (ie, was registered with an email address different from the email address you used to log in with), then your Curse "account name" will be generated of the form "darthuser1234" where the "1234" is a unique number.
7) Back to the "Pick your new user name" screen. Look at the name shown in the top right corner. If that reflects the "user name" you want to be shown throughout the site when you post on the forums and add comments to articles, then click on the "I choose not to change my nickname" checkbox to mark it off, and click the "Submit" button. You should now be good to go! Note: If you want to keep the nickname change credit, just navigate away from the page and you will always have the credit that you can use later.
8) If the name shown in the top right corner is not what you want as your displayed user name, then type your desired name into the "Nickname" and "Confirm Nickname" fields and click the "Submit" button. You should now be good to go!
Thank you for your help, patience and understanding as Darth Hater evolves towards its post-release incarnation.