The second issue of The Lost Suns, a five issue comic book mini-series based upon Star Wars: The Old Republic, was released last week. The story picks up where it left off in the first installment, with Theron Shan seeking out Jedi Master Ngani Zho, who has recently resurfaced after it was thought that he had been lost in the war.
Editor's Note: The following dissection includes several plot spoilers.
- Opens with a flashback as told by Ngani Zho, the Jedi Master who has recently resurfaced living as a vagrant behind Imperial lines.
- Republic victories on Alderaan and Rhen Var are mentioned. Details of the Rhen Var battle were seen during a flashback in the previous issue.
- A peace treaty has forced the Republic to relinquish seven relatively unimportant systems - one for each of the seven surviving Sith Lords of the Dark Council.
- Darth Mekhis has been given the Vesla system to do with as she sees fit.
- On Taris, Theron locates Master Zho and interrupts his narrative of the story.
- Enemies using stealth field generators attempt to sneak up on Theron and Master Zho. Theron uses a grenade-like device to reveal the hidden Sith Knights.
- The Sith Knights, who have been partially transformed into machines, are described as "mockeries of Jedi captured by Darth Mekhis during the war."
- The Sith Knights wield electrostaff weapons. They are immune to fire.
- As they escape the Sith Knights, Master Zho insists that Theron take him to the Vesla system to stop the "dark schemes" Darth Mekhis is hatching there.
- When pressing for details, Theron realizes Master Zho does not remember everything he discovered, likely because the Imperials somehow affected his memory.
- A flashback to Haashimut shows Theron undergoing Jedi training under the guidance of Master Zho.
- It is revealed that Satele Shan left her son with Master Zho when Theron was only six months old. She feared her love for Theron would get in the way of her duty as a Jedi.
- Master Zho sends Theron on his "last trial" before becoming a Padawan - travel to a distant Jedi Enclave to seek further training.
- Upon reaching the enclave, Theron is told by Till'in, a Kel Dor Jedi Master, that he does not have the power of the Force and will never be a Jedi.
- The flashback ends. Theron communicates with his superior in the Republic Strategic Information Service on Corsuscant.
- Theron confirms his plan. Following up on Master Zho's recommendation, he will travel to Vesla to perform "reconnaissance only" on Darth Mekhis' activities.
A preview of The Lost Suns Part 2 is now available at the official Dark Horse site. The third issue's release is due on August 10. Darth Hater will continue to report on the details as this series unfolds.