Darth Hater is live at the Guild Summit bringing you the latest news and updates as they happen. The morning live stream session revealed a 1.2 preview video and the new "Friends of Star Wars: The Old Republic" trial program. The program allows for active subscribers to invite up to three friends to play the game free for a week.
The afternoon session is underway and will cover a variety of features expected in the 1.2 update.
Live blog notes, an embed of the live stream video, and details on the trial program can be found after the jump.
Live Stream Morning Session
- Stephen Reid speaking. Introducing everyone to the event.
- What not to expect: No one-on-one with developers. (Too many attendees.) May not get to present feedback on every topic. Limited time, trying to cover a lot.
- Feedback can also be gathered via email and official forums.
- James Ohlen speaking. Will address how game has been doing since launch and game update 1.2.
- Fastest growing MMO in North America. Over 2 million copies sold. Average playtime per player is 5 hours a day.
- Friends of Star Wars program launching tomorrow: Can invite 3 friends to play for free for a week.
- Exclusive 1.2 preview video being shown.
- Video touches on many of the things in 1.2: New Operation - Explosive Conflict, new Warzone - Novare Coast, new Flashpoint - Lost Island, Legacy family trees, Legacy racial unlocks, UI customization, improved character textures, appearance customizations, new Corellia dailies, new pets, Guild banks, new gear, and more.
- Talk about continuing to fix bugs, putting out regular updates, and polishing the game.
- Live stream over for now. Will return at 2pm CST.
- Page 1 of 10
- Friends of Star Wars: The Old Republic