Patch notes for the upcoming 1.2 update are now available. Keep in mind that these notes are from the Public Test Servers and may not reflect the final official client patch that players will see when BioWare releases it to the live servers. For the patch notes in full, hit the jump.
Media Gallery is now online with more coming soon.
- Aurak Base and outlying Republic-controlled areas on Hoth have received reinforcements in the form of PvP guards.
- Certain PvP abilities are no longer removed when a duel finishes.
- Republic Guardpost Beta on Belsavis is now entirely considered Republic territory.
- The throne room of Lord Jordan Thul is now considered Empire territory.
- The medcenter in the Lower Flamewood area of The Old Paths on Voss is now a Sanctuary.
- Republic Troopers now protect Ken-La Outpost.
- The buff for the PvP Overcharge powerup now has the correct tooltip.
- The Warzone Commendation cap has been increased to 2000 (up from 1000).
- PvP stats, such as kills, Group Rating, Solo Rating, MVP votes received, total Warzone wins, and more are now tracked and can be seen on the Warzone Window. Highest Solo and Group Ratings can also be seen on the Character page. Highest Solo and Group Ratings can also be seen on the "Who" list.
- Players in Warzones may now flag another player on the team as potentially AFK by right-clicking their name in the Operation Group window and selecting "Vote to Kick from Warzone." Once enough team members have flagged a player in this way, the player is given a warning and a small window to begin playing or they are removed from the Warzone.
- The amount of Valor and Commendations awarded at the end of a Warzone is now based on your team's score, with a bonus for the winning team. Experience rewards are still based on the amount of time spent in the Warzone.
- Warzone daily missions while leveling have been condensed to one mission that is always equal to the level of the player.
- Players who are removed from Warzones for being AFK are now returned to their original locations (instead of to the Fleet).
- Vendors are no longer available inside Warzones.
- Credit rewards for Warzones have been rebalanced.
- The Scoreboard displayed at the end of a Warzone now displays the correct faction icons in same-faction Warzone matches.
- The Scoreboard's Objective column now correctly tracks a player's offensive and defensive objective contribution. Additionally, players now receive notification during the match when their actions have accrued offensive or defensive objective points.
- Level 50 Warzone daily and weekly missions now reward Warzone Commendations.
- New medals are now awarded to the winning team based on how quickly they win (up to 6 medals for the fastest victories).
- New medals are now awarded for offensive and defensive objective actions. There are now 6 offensive and 6 defensive medals awarded for performing Warzone-specific objective actions.
- The Warzone reward medal cap has been increased to 8.
- Rewards per medal earned have been rebalanced considering the new medals available.
- Players who earn few to no medals now have overall rewards reduced (for instance, an AFK player would receive no rewards).
- Pre-Season One of Ranked Warzones has begun!Participate for more competitive matches and greater rewards.
- Level 50 players can queue solo or in a group of up to 8 players via the Queue Solo Ranked and Queue Group Ranked buttons in the Warzone Queue Window.
- After a Ranked Warzone has ended, your Solo Rating or Group Rating will be adjusted based on the outcome of the match and the ratings of all players participating.
- Players are rewarded Ranked Warzone Commendations based on performance; these Commendations can be used to purchase the new War Hero PvP gear.
- Players with high ratings can purchase Rated War Hero gear and vehicles. Rated War Hero gear has the same stats as War Hero gear, but has a more prestigious appearance.
- The Republic and Empire are locked in a brutal conflict by air and sea on the new planet, Denova. An Imperial dropship has crash-landed near the Republic coastal base and quickly established a fortification.
- Teams need to turn the mortar cannons on the opponent's fortification to bring it down. However, both fortifications are shielded and one mortar cannon is not enough to disable the shield. A team must control at least two cannons in order to damage the enemy fortification.
- This is a majority 3-point domination map with tug-of-war style objective control.
- Control progress is saved when interrupted and can be resumed by a player on the same team or fought back by a player of the opposing team. The more players involved, the faster control shifts.
- A training simulation-themed variant of the Warzone supports same faction matches.
Alderaan Civil War
- Several performance improvements have been made throughout the Warzone.
- The objective cannons' rate of fire has been slowed down. The amount of damage dealt by the large turret blasts has been increased proportionally to maintain the same overall score rate.
- Empire-controlled objective markers now appear purple.
- Travel time for speeder bikes for the side objectives has been increased. The time it takes to interact with speeder bikes is once again instantaneous.
- Giradda the Hutt now sees to it that any player standing on the ball stand when the ball respawns are slain.
- The damage hazards deal is now a set percentage of total player health and is elemental damage.
- The Voidstar can now be played by two teams of the same faction.
- Players on the defending team are no longer placed on the speeder path if its duration would make them arrive late to the start of the match.
- The map on the loading screen for the Voidstar has been updated.
- In the case of both teams reaching the same objective in their respective attacking rounds, the team who reached the objective in the shortest time now wins the match.
- The game now ends as soon as the Round 2 attacker's progress exceeds the progress made by the other team in Round 1.
- The Battle of Ilum daily and weekly missions have been removed from the game.
The Outlaws' Den (Tatooine)
- Quick Travel items that transport players to the hub near Outlaw's Den are now available from PvP vendors found on the Republic and Imperial Fleets.
- Items will now compare against all valid equipment slots.
- Emotes no longer remove a player from stealth.
- The Codex entry for killing a player with a turret now correctly requires the player to complete that task.
Groups and Targeting
- Players can now choose to view the targets of their group members in the group UI. This is disabled by default but can be edited in the "Edit Interface" mode.
- Target of target can now be enabled for the player.
- Players can now invite other players to their group via right-click menu from the guild roster.
- Player class names now appear on the target frame.
- When characters become hostile or friendly to the player, nameplates are now turned on and off as specified in nameplate preferences.
- Dead characters and creatures no longer display a nameplate unless selected.
- Focus target visual effects are now more distinct and recognizable.
Galactic Trade Network
- The Galactic Trade Network interface now supports text-based searches without category restrictions.
- The Galactic Trade Network interface has been updated to support better filtering and faster paging.
- The rarity drop-down in the GTN interface now contains an option for Custom (orange) rarity.
- A "Slot" pulldown menu has been added to the GTN Interface for more specific item searches.
- GTN Terminals in Kaas City are now available again.
- Players can no longer "click through" the Galaxy Map to interact with the main game UI.
- The Map no longer becomes translucent when riding a taxi.
- Map transitions throughout the game have been updated - many instances where a map would incorrectly transition to another have been corrected.
- The Spaceport section of Coruscant can now be explored correctly.