During day two of PAX East 2012, we attended and recorded the Star Wars: The Old Republic 3PM Q&A with Damion Schubert, Stephen Reid, Emmanuel Lusinchi and Cameron Winston. In order to bring you the audio in a timely manner, we uploaded it to our Youtube channel which is available as an embed below.
If you would like to listen to it at another location, the mp3 version is available as well.
Note: Keep in mind that when we do live blogs, there is a chance that some parts of the transcript could be incorrect. Everything in here should NOT be considered direct quotes as they are brief summations.
Day 2: Damion Schubert, Emmanuel Lusinchi, Cameron Winston Q&A at 3PM
- 3:00 PM: Q&A Starting, David Bass introducing the speakers. Damion Schubert, Stephen Reid, Emmanuel Lusinchi, Cameron Winston.
- 3:02: SR is getting the questions commonly asked out of the way. James Ohlen may or may not join them during.
- Q: Are there plans to make level 50 content for the origin worlds? A: EL - Yes
- Q: Ilum is all but "dead" at this point with the changes. What is the plan for World PvP going forward? A: Cameron - We're solving the problems, looking into what to do for the future. Ilum will not go away (disincentives).
- Q: End Game Raiding you can't see force push and all of the effects at the same time. A: Cameron - It's a scalability issue, where we can we love to get those powers in it gets out of control very quickly.
- Q: Space Combat - co op or expanded to PvP? A: DS - We have plans, thats all your getting . BIG BIG PLANS.
- Q: Companions - Adding more? Secret? Different from norm? A: DS - We have plans to add them here and there, its a lot of writing and work and how they react to your story. We want to add more, but not make them trivial additions.
- Q: Combat logs - how are you going to utilize the logs in 1.2? A: CW - It's about getting the info to you, an offline thing, take that data and look at it and valuate the performance. We don't have any implementation for in game. DS: And what killed me is in the log, oh I died from this or that.
- Q: Legacy - any indication for customizing your ship? A: DS - We have big plans, on the wall of crazy. It's on the list somewhere.
- Q: Combat log - plans for future in game mods or implementations? A: CW - Not for 1.2, future I cannot say.
- Damion explaining what went on at the Legacy presentation.
- Q: Legacy name - can we add character last names? A: DS - We've talked about it.
- Q: PvP - Resolve - Do you have any plans to adjust it? Like for huttball,. learn how to control stuns to keep people in the fire, got to a point a full resolve bar you get rooted. A: CW - We have two completely off the resolve system effect, immobilize and rooting, based on diminishing returns.
- Q: End game - in KP/EV are hard fights going to be adjusted in the future? A: CW - We're working on getting the fights corrected and removing the bugs. Getting them to fun, understandably is a high priority.
- Q: Arms tech balancing. A: DS - It's not as bad as the boards believe. We want the people to build and pursue what they want. 1.2 has a ton of crafting changes to bring them in line with each other.
- Q: Do you have plans on people skipping gear tiers in future content? A: DS - Itemization, groups have deep pull. We want to have systems in place. Looking at crafting to help people get "caught" up.
- Q: What happens in legacy if your human? A: You get a presence buff at 50.
- Q: Performance - certian players have issues with running the game. A: We have a strike team for performance. They've already done significant work, we'll continue to look at it.
- Q: Where do hard mode flashpoints fit in with progeression? A: We expect you to be in greens and blues, if your struggling, story mode flash points or crafted gear.
- Q: Mac game client? A: Not at this time.
- Q: Adding more character slots? A: We're talking about it, no ETA on it though.
- Q: Server population distribution, will there be merges? A: Transfers - working on them before we do anything else.
- Last Question: Voss race? A: Not now, its a great place to reward for hard work.
- Q&A over.