During today’s behind closed doors presentation of Star Wars: The Old Republic at E3, BioWare unveiled a few things of note. In order to bring you some of these details in a timely manner, we’ve compiled them here. Keep in mind that we will update this post throughout the day so be sure to come back later for more.
- 1 million accounts on day 1
- 1.3 game update is called Allies
- Legacy perks
- New social adaptive gear system
- Augmentation system
- Revamped tutorial system
- Group finder
- Ranked Warzones
- 1.3 coming to the PTS tomorrow, can start downloading it now. Update: Confirmed - "Yep. The Public Test Server will be getting Game Update 1.3 tomorrow. Start downloading and patching now! bit.ly/LxsI2v #swtor"
- New Operation called Terror From Beyond takes place on Asation, Dread Masters opened a Hypergate causing massive creatures to come through
- Transfers coming in next few weeks
- Enhancing & revamping nightmare mode operations, entirely new mechanics and content
- New Heroic quest area on Belsavis
- New 8v8 Warzone called Ancient Hypergates takes place on Celine
- New Companion for all classes HK-51, unlocked via new missions, voice actor same as HK-47, upgraded and enhaced from its previous model
- New planet Makeb, hours of content for both factions, has come under the control of the Hutt Cartel in preparation for Hutt rule throughout the galaxy
- Raising level cap which means new abilities
- Free trial up to level 15 coming in July
- Belsavis heroic area is the behind closed doors demo, involves the Dread Masters unleashing horrors on the lowest levels of the prison, players will take on prisoners to combat the Dread Masters' plan, available to both Republic and Empire factions
- No mention of playable Cathar during session
For more information on E3, be sure to bookmark our E3 coverage post.
Updated last: 5:05PM PT