As of this morning, server transfers have officially opened with a handful of origin servers currently eligible for character relocation to select destination servers. BioWare recently shed some light onto the process as they expect it to proceed:
This process will be gradual and staged over time.
It is likely that today marks only the beginning of BioWare's overall transfer strategy, possibly in the direction of the recently hinted move to massively populated servers. In any case, additional origin servers will more than likely be announced eligible for transfers in the near future. Hit the jump for a complete rundown of origins and destinations.
UPDATE (6/12/12 12:30pm EDT): Ten additional server pairings have been made available, including several RP servers.
UPDATE (6/12/12 4:30pm EDT): No additional servers will be opened for transfers today:
For those of you that are currently eligible for character transfers, in order to prevent this rare issue from occurring, please log out of your current game session before you initiate the character transfer process.
Thank you all for your patience, and we look forward to opening more servers for transfers tomorrow!
You can begin the character transfer process via your SWTOR account page when your server becomes eligible, but there are a number of additional requirements so be sure to check them first. The following list of origin and destination servers will be continually updated as new details emerge.
- Keller’s Void -----> Jedi Covenant (PVE)
- Hedarr Soongh -----> The Fatman (PVP)
- The Courageous -----> Canderous Ordo (PVE)
- Kath Hound -----> The Ebon Hawk (RP-PVE)
- Ven Zallow -----> Jung Ma (RP-PVP)
- Soresu -----> The Harbinger (PVE)
- Rakata Mind Prison -----> The Bastion (PVP)
- Fa'athra -----> Drooga's Pleasure Barge (PVE)
- Lord Ieldis -----> Begeren Colony (RP-PVE)
- Eye of Ashlanae -----> The Red Eclipse (PVE)
- The Shadow Runner -----> Tomb of Freedon Nadd (PVP)
- Shaltin Tunnels -----> The Progenitor (RP-PVE)
- Mecrosa Order -----> Darth Nihilus (PVP)
- Phateem Halls of Knowledge -----> Mantle of the Force (PVE)
- Kessel Run -----> Battle Meditation (RP-PVE)
- Stereb Cities -----> The Jedi Tower (PVE)
- The Restoration Zone -----> Jar’Kai Sword (PVP)
- Zayne Carrick -----> Vanjervalis Chain (RP-PVE)