Earlier today, BioWare held their first monthly LiveStream Q&A. Like many of the fans of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we were in virtual attendance and managed to take notes for those that were unable to watch live. Do note that repeated points were ignored. Full notes are available below.
- Free to play players will not have rest xp, but will get mid level gear sets, xp boosts, will be testing F2P before the official launch on the PTS, couple of weeks before, anyone who logs on will get coins to test with
- Want to offer paid character transfers to other servers, near future
- Cathar and HK-51 are coming, HK before the end of the year, Cathar when it's ready
- Pets, mounts, non endgame gear, not restricted by faction or class, cartel packs random assortment of items, good and cool stuff but not powerful coming for F2P store
- Nightmare mode: Denova coming first on EC, sometime after that for TFB, fully fledged mode, differences from hard mode
- Can't go into detail on the overlapping perks and F2P
- Species unlocks for Cartel Coins, players can purchase the Cather unlock, will see how it goes for the rest after launch
- Want to do a toggle hood option, researching it for possible implementation in the future
- Down scaling difficulty - hard and have to remake from ground up, thinking up other ways for smaller group of players
Update: Our recorded recap of the Q&A is now available.