Stephen Reid has responded! Check page 10 to see his responses
There are a LOT of things so far that the community wants answers/clarification on, and for being a company that is supposedly really trying to knock off some of the bigger MMOs.. they sure are failing and customer relations and community involvement. There are so many unanswered questions that have been around for months and Bioware NEVER answers them or even touches on the subject, and that needs to stop NOW.
We can make them HEAR US... we can MAKE THEM understand that we deserve to know what is going on with a game that we are supporting. We deserve to know why things are the way they are, and what is going on! Someone needs to answer these questions and the many more that others have that I can not think of right now.
Look guys, I am not saying this is a bad game. Most people can see where this is coming from. These bugs aren't new, they arent 3 days/1week old.. they have been around for months now without any information guidance. Yes some have been mentioned, but not in detail at all (such as the AA). I think Bioware has done a great job so far on launch, and the re-building of the client a month ago was amazing and added great changes to the game. I applaud their release, and everything is going smoothly. I am simply requesting more community involvement is done, rather than hiding things behind curtains. They always say that they are most focused on the customer's request/wants... well these are big topic issues right now for a lot of us. These are what I see most complained about on forums. Are they gamebreaking... no. Has there been gamebreaking bugs? YES, was it fixed quickly? YES. So they do work on the big stuff first which is great.
Also, I am aware of the Public Test Realm. That's not what I'm talking about... those are just patch notes and a test before taking it live. It isn't talking about their plans or commenting on anything about those. It would just be nice to have more community involvement and information given by the devs. Some games do a weekly/monthly address to the community talking about the "hot" issues, explaining the problems and talking about the estimated time/requirements to fix. That was always a great read for me, FF14 did it for example... even though the game was complete trash, it was fun reading how the devs planned, and failed, to fix it.
Point being Yes theres a lot of stuff here, but everyone can agree Bioware is doing a GREAT JOB so far, but a little more talking to us wouldn't hurt anything.
And no I'm not angry lol Caps doesnt mean anger, but emphasis.
1. Where are your customer relations people!? Tons of questions are asked on the forums daily and I never see any GM/DEV/CR/anything answering these questions. Look at some of the games out there that have a good customer to developer communication, and you will see that communication is the key to having a good player base relationship/forgiving relationship.
2. Is there a plan to fix the graphic settings? Right now there is no real difference between medium/high graphics and it's apparent that we are all stuck with the medium textures. What's the reasoning for this, and do you guys have a fix planned?
3. When are we getting Optimized AA? Sure we can force it on now, but everyone knows that is kinda glitchy and can lead to problems.
4. Flashpoint loot problems. Some FPs have loot that is auto-looted by one of the members and nobody else can have a crack at it, any plans on fixing this?
5. When and with what are you going to be updating the CE/Security vendors with? A lot of people are upset with the VIP lounge after you hyped it up so much... what are the plans exactly for implementing new content to these areas.
6. Chat Bug. Are you aware of it? Randomly people will not be able to read/talk in group chat, or general chat etc unless they relog. This is extremely annoying, is there a fix planned?
7. UI tweaking. There is some decent options available now, but a pretty legitimate complaint is that the text size is not adjustable on anything but the general chat box. For those on certain monitors/TVs, it makes reading quest logs, tool tips, anything else really ahrd to read. Also the ability to have better placement/manual placement of the hotkey bars.
8. A easier way to find groups. Having to spam in /1 is quite annoying to everyone in the zone, let alone those looking for a group. And noobdy seems to use that actual "Flag yourself for group" option because it's not very successful. I would like to do flashpoints, but I'm not going to waste 30 minutes sitting in the fleet spamming /1 that I am looking for a group. Some kind of way to have a global search/group finder would be nice.
Added in from other people
9. Social gear scaling. Great idea putting this in, but the way that it currently is moddable, only classes that never get hit can benefit from this. They can get all their stats and such,but nobody else has these benefits. Any plans on making it un-moddable?
10. Someone mentioned chairs. Should be more chairs to sit in, but this was addressed recently that they will get to it, not a hot priority but people asked so heres the info :P
If you have any questions you want answered ask, I know I left a lot out, but it is kind of late and I cant think strait. I'll be checking here often and updating until we get a response of some kind. I will not let this go bioware. You guys are real quick to delete posts, so I know your here, but what is the point of reading the forums if you aren't going to respond and assure your players of your awareness or plans to fix it.
Address your community bioware, it is your only chance to build the relationship!!!!
(What is really sad is all 8 of those up there have been questions asked since beta started a long time ago... and I still have yet to hear anything about them except bioware state that they had plans to allow more customizing of the UI).