Greetings from sweden, have followed the site for quite some time now, and its really nice, and I really love the streams also. To bad im gonna be on EU servers, would be nice to be on the same server and play with you, as you seem mature as me =). Nice work with the new features, it feels nice, and im guessing improvements will come.
Didnt find anything on companions, but would love to see a section on that.. and what gifts they like .. where you get them .. what level. etc..
Also, datacron info... OMG I would love to see this information. I am sure it can be difficult to get that up. I'd suggest making it more of a private thing then public. Meaning they have to be a member to the site to get this information.
I have been using the DH for a very long time now, glad to see more in game information yall are doing a good job!
I'm not sure if its a filter issue or if you just have not been able to input the information into the database yet.
When I go to Items>>Armor>>Heavy Armor it tells me no search results found.
I understand that the database is still a work in progress and am assuming that the info has not been input to the database yet, but wanted to make sure you guys were aware of this if the info is in the database.
Thanks for all your efforts I for one will be using the database once the game launches and will point others this way when they have questions I can't answer.
1. Some of the items in the database appear to just show 200 results like databases for other games do. Other results show the total number of items in the database with no cut off. For example if you look at all medium armor it shows 200 results if you look at different slots for medium armor then glove, chest, feet, and legs show only 200 results and belt, wrist, and helm show 565, 578, and 509 result respectively.
2. If you create multiple character profiles and then navigate to a new page or refresh the browser in any way, then only the active profile remains and the others are deleted.
3. If you have a profile active when looking at mission dialog ([HEROIC 4] IMMEDIATE VENGEANCE for example) then right above where it has the filter for the different classes it will say that the quest is not availible to the profile class you have set in your profile and above the companion filter if you have set a companion in your profile it will tell you that there are no rewards for that companion even if there is.
Tried all three issues with Chrome and IE.
I will keep looking through the data base and see if i find any other gliches.
The database fails to account for multiple icons that are linked to items. For example, the icon for Rubber-Palmed Gloves is different based on the faction of the character viewing the item; an Imperial character sees one icon, while a Republic character see a different icon. The icons found throughout the database are predominantly Imperial when an item functions in this manner. Would it be possible to show both icons?
Items don't seem to be associated correctly with the vendors that sell them. Dekay, for example, is a medium armor vendor that sells the 17 items shown in his wiki article. However, the DB indicates he sells 21 items, and none of those the DB lists can actually be found in his store.
Additionally, the "Submit a Correction" link under the Post a Comment tab appears to be nonfunctional.
The skill trees, at least the Sith Assassin, are out of order. In game it goes Darkness-Deception-Madness. While the mouse over on the picture have them correctly ordered, the actual calculator has them Madness-Darkness-Deception.
So when talking about talent builds, anything mentioned from the DarthHater database would be confusing to people looking at the trees in game. Like the TankAssassin created by comerb listed as (10/31/0) should actually be (31/0/10) if all the trees were in the correct locations.
I was messing around with your database and noticed the following issues:
1. There is no Shotgun category for weapons anymore. It should be replaced with Scattergun wherever it appears. Also items in the Pistol category are refered to as "Blaster Pistol" ingame. Same with with Rifle, should be "Blaster Rifle".
2. Some of the advanced search options for Missions are broken. The following "Add Your Own Filters" seem to be entirely nonfunctional: XP, Credits, Rewards by Slot, Has Screenshots. In fact, the XP and Credits options shouldn't exist on that dropdown as there's already functional filter boxes for them.
3. Agains advanced search options for Missions. If a filter has a dropdown it'll always revert to the first option after you apply the filter. Even though it still applied your choice, and retains it's setting while clicking apply filter.
4. When you've selected a item from a dropdown it's not readily apparent how to clear your selection. The none/clear setting dropdown option should be the size of a regular option and properly labeled.
5. The link next to "bookmark this search" should be changed to read "Show Mission Filters", It currently says "Show Quest Filters".
6. Item icons border colors do not coorespond with item quality. Also the item quality dropdown options should probably be colorized to make it easier to find the option you want.
7. If you try to open a main item filter dropdown open (not an add a filter dropdown) while you have another item filter open. There will be a glitch and the previous dropdown will not be closed. In fact, no mater how fancy they look. They should probably be replaced with a standard dropdown like the "add a filter" dropdown. This would make it easier to select dropdown options on mobile devices.
Well that's all my feedback for now. I really like your mission database, and hope to see the "Rewards by Slot" option functional in the near future. It's probably going to be one of your biggest draws compared to the other dbs out there.
Edit: I noticed your talent tree class sprites are broken for the Trooper Vanguard and Jedi Sage. To fix this, open up talent-tree.css and replace "li.specialist" with "li.vanguard" and "li.force-wizard" with "li.sage". This should fix the problem for you.