Hey guy, hope everyone is enjoying their holiday. Just had a few general questions.
1) What are you guys/gals doing to prep for ROTHC. Are you maxing out comms? Are you selling off all your mats and old gear? I know they are changing the comm system- would it even be worth it to stockpile comms (wz comms and pve comms)?
2) I am primarily a pvp healer (op). I have mostly EWH gear. If I wanted to jump into some pve healing, what could I heal comfortably? What are some of the differences I would notice healing pve instead of pvp (easier/harder, etc)?
3) Since the patch that introduced the cartel market, my screen goes black or the game just shuts down after 60-90 mins. This never happened before, I've had my comp checked and there are no problems with it (and I never run into problems outside of TOR). Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? I have contacted TOR customer service and they have not really been much help
1:) As far as prepping for RoTHC, ive maxed my planetary, and end game comms so I have a full stack come the commendation change, I didnt bother stocking up on pvp comms that much because pvp comms and their limit remains the same. As for my pvp gear im keeping it cause its with hope it will still be a little use full even after RoTHC launches till I get around to getting some better gear. The pve gear I am definitely keeping as it is full of 27's which will be good up until level 54.
2:) The fact that your a PvP Healer will actually serve you really well in terms of ops, even though many would totally disagree with me, my experience in PvP was actually a boon for me. The ops mechanics can change in an instant and that;s where your pvp experience will be key, my suggestion is you just start at the bottom with Eternity Vault and work up through karaggas palace etc etc etc etc
3: Unfortunately I havent experienced this issue, ive heard some people have sorted it in a variety of ways from updating graphics drivers, rolling them back, updating directX, updating .net framework etc etc etc. If you have exhuasted all posibilities the next step would be TOR Customer ssupport
What I have been been doing was leveling all of my characters so that I get lots of cartel commendations when the patch launches. I know for a fact that I am getting a minimum of 500 coins but with the other legacy unlocks it gets confusing what I already have.
1) Inventory: stacks of (or reusable) attack adrenals and medpacks, cantina food, and enough stimpacks to last throughout the entire levelling process. Basically anything that can artificially boost levelling speed through higher damage output and lower downtime between mobs.
2) Frontloaded XP: Completing a ton of daily quests (the entire BH, Ilum, Sec X, Bels) and having the quests completed in my log. Log out in Black Hole before patch, then use shuttle around the various areas and turn in as soon as you log on. Complete enough quests, and you'll have almost a level within ~15 minutes.
3) Cartel XP boosts: Save up enough major and minor XP boosts to last you all the way. Remember to pop this before you do the daily delivery round though.
4) Companions: Choose the comp you're running with, gear it up and stick with it. Get HK-51 if you haven't already got it, especially if you're melee. Use a DPS companion as much as possible to increase output.