8/5/2011 12:34:06 AM
I like loot bags in SWTOR just as I liked them in WAR Online. I Would like to see 2-3 item drops off the boss IN ADDITION to the items from the bag and that would go a little something like this.....Posted in: Podcast
I have a chance in a loot bag of the following:
I get bag A and it has credits and a Token.
I get bag B and it has credits and a Token and a random green.
I get bag C and it has credits and a Token and a random blue.
I get bag D and it has credits and a Epic Set Piece.(woot)
The corpse of the boss contained 2 Epic Set Pieces (from a loot table) and one Epic (Other, eg: Epic Wep Mod, Bio Mod, Inlay, Weapon etc) Epic items not associated with a set.
This gives the guild leaders the ability to direct better gear towards carrying classes such as a main tank or main healer more reliably then waiting for them to find it in their loot bag.
8/3/2011 5:53:37 PM
I tend to think about CC's from a world enrichment standpoint. So what if the ones in this game and other bioware games are "attached" to the player character? Imagining this game without them would be like player portal/portal 2 with a "text box" instead of GlaDOS, or Diablo without Decard Kane.Posted in: Editorial
Granted, these characters do not fight for you, but remember that the game is designed with a companion character in mind so you can't imagine it being like farming equal level mobs in WoW with a perminate, equal level character attached to your hip all the time. Rather think of a CC as an ultra customizable EXTENSION of the player character which only adds to the richness of the environment and dynamics of the combat.
I for one can't wait for the Companion Character experience adapted to the MMO genre.
5/12/2011 10:15:16 PM
This thread was TL;DR all of it but here are my thoughts:Posted in: Endgame PvE
1) I expect the best gear to come from raids because raids require the most collective effort. When you have raid gear not only does it show you've "beaten" the encounter, it shows that you participated in the encounter as one part of a collective team.... at least, it should in theory. I read the idea of Endgame crafting supporting PVP and Endgame raids supporting PVE - and I think this solves the problem well... But if "the Best" PVE gear is crafted A) There's less of a reason for some people to Raid, and B) You're setting the Raiders up for failure, and #2 is why....
2) Raids should always be progressive. Max level instances should sufficiently gear you for the "Entry level raids" or at least the start of the raid. The entry level raid should gear you for later bosses in that raid, and that gear should prepare you for the next tier raid. But we're not only talking about Gear here, we're talking about practice in coordination and problem solving as a group... If a raider can enter the "Endgame Stream" late in the available tiers through crafting, that player has the potential to pull down the raid because they have the equipment without the practical proficiency participating in raids at a high level.
3) I raid for two main reasons: A) The challenge of coordinating a group, and being victorious and B) Having that weapon or armor item that 2% of the population on your server has and standing outside the Auction House with it. I think I would still raid without the chance of gear, but I doubt I would easily be able to find 24 other players who will show up 1-2 times a week for the more challenging content without that allure of high level gear.
4) I would be comfortable with Top Tier gear coming from crafters in the form of Rings, Necklaces and Trinkets -- Let the Armor and Weapons come from boss drops.
5) Think outside the box in boss battles -- I want to have to "figure out" how to beat the boss ,,, nothing beats a good race for a "server first" when new content is released.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Wasteland II Holiday Shirt Giveaway
Win a Wastelands 2 Shirt in time for the Holidays!Ends
Alienware Top 5 Games
Enter for a chance to win an Alienware X51, copies of Assassin's Creed 4, Battlefield 4, CoD Ghosts, FIFA 14, and an awesome in game bundle for World of Warplanes!Ends
Windborne Preview Code Giveaway
Get exclusive access to the Windborne Public Preview!Ends
Mad Max Wiki Game Giveaway
Win a copy of Mad Max for being the best editor!Ends
Garden Warfare Wiki Game Giveaway
Win a copy of Garden Warfare for being the best editor!Ends